Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Power Of An Hour

 I thought about how much time I've wasted in my life by not being fully focused and dedicated on goals or life for that matter.The other day I accidently wasted an hour of my morning looking for my keys.Sounds silly right ?I got up at my normal time around 5:45 .Did my normal morning routines.But when it was time to leave around 7:15.I couldnt find my keys.Spent all the way up to 8:20 looking for them.
While I was driving
 to work to try and make up for the the time I had lost.I realized that hour could have been spent more productively.Also I had been giving my job an extra hour of my life burning a  candle that I couldn't get back.Now I had be doing this for the past  7 1/2 years though.That's (112 days  / 3.6 months)Wow!! how much time I've donated to the rat wheel.Time that wasn't  used to get ahead only to try and get off work a little earlier.The time could have been used learning,relaxing,meditating,and whole slew of other activites other than donating to a job.My point is time is precious .We give our time to something or someone everyday.How much do you give to anything you are trying to accomplish,achieve,be or learn?Why do you think we get paid by the hour?Alot can be done or earned in an hour.By the way an hourly wage is the lowest form of getting paid.No matter how much the company makes your earnings are capped off.Let's say you make 30,50 or 100 an hour.Now thats good money right?But how much do you think whoever is paying you that is making to be at a far greater profit?
We all give the same time account everyday and in our life but where are your time deposits being made?Usually you give or make time for what you want.Based on your priorites.Just be sure to make a time deposit in your own account.What's an hour /day out of 24.?
Don't cheat yourself... There are 168 hours in a week,730.4848 in a month ,765.81 hours in a year

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.
Carl Sandburg 

No comments:

Post a Comment